ROTARY ACTION GROUP FOR COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
~ Creating Opportunity by Investing in Communities ~
In communities around the world, families struggle to meet their needs for
food, shelter, work, and economic security.
The mission of the Rotary Action Group for Community Economic Development (RAGCED) is to be a source of knowledge and expertise that helps Rotarians plan, implement, and manage impactful and sustainable economic development projects and create lasting change in poor and underserved communities
Investing in Communities Takes Many Different Forms
· Building the capacity of local entrepreneurs and social businesses through education, microcredit, mentoring and networking
· Empowering local community leaders, organizations, and networks to support economic development
· Developing opportunities for rewarding work and access to sustainable livelihoods
TRAINING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
· Empowering marginalized communities by providing access to economic opportunities and services such as education, mentorship, and business training.
· Addressing gender or class disparities that prevent access to rewarding work and access to markets and financial services
· Increasing access to renewable energy and energy-efficiency measures to create sustainable and economically resilient communities
· Empowering communities to develop practical environmental and conservation skills for economic gain through lessons learned and best practices
· Strengthening communities' ability to respond to environmental and climate-related hazards and natural disasters
· Developing and supporting community-based emergency preparedness services to improve economic resilience
The RAGCED global network of experts is ready to help you create successful, impactful, and sustainable projects that invest in communities and change lives!
Is committed to helping RAGCED members and Rotarians interested in learning more about Community Economic Development including initiatives such as microfinance, community needs assessments, training and developing cooperative strengths. To read the Director's bios click here.
Official RAGCED Address
Rotary Action Group for Community Economic Development
7 King Street East, Unit 905
Canada M5C 3C5